The Road To Success Starts With A Blank Page
So does the road to frustration. Happily, my partner and I are not frustrated. We're excited because a movie we wrote is slated to debut on video December 2005. Because it was meant for video from the beginning, we don't feel relegated to the "it wasn't good enough for theatres" club. You know what, though, we often remind ourselves that that club would be just fine with us! Once final credit has been determined, and the official word comes down, I'll tell you more.
We are also in the process of signing with a new literary manager, so that will hopefully assist us in getting meetings, and having the right people read (and buy, dammit!) our material. Today, we are getting together to finish the outline of a new spec script. It's a creepy supernatural thriller and an idea to which people have nicely responded. After the outline, the joyous process of breathing life into the characters and situations starts. It's like having a baby... but sometimes more painful. :-)
I watched alot of movies this weekend at home. I'll refrain from commenting, since some of them were 80's classics that, when people hear I had never before seen them, their jaws drop and they look at me like my eyes exploded. I also re-watched some fun horror and sci-fi flicks. Tomorrow, we are going to see WHITE NOISE. All right, all right, stop your grumbling. The reviews have been... well, not so kind, I know. But, it is Michael Keaton and, despite JACK FROST (yikes!) he's a guy worth watching. I have also heard first hand accounts from friends that there are some scary moments.
I'd like to give a shout out to my friend Aimee, who, every time I mention a horror title I want to see, generally reacts with a shaking of the head and an audible, "Oh, Thommy." I think we all need an Aimee in our life, don't you?
While I am on the subject of Aimee, I'll say that she is probably our most faithful "reader." We generally give her our scripts and she whips out a red pen, ready to correct us. We're elated when, sometimes, we get to pages with no red ink spattered on them (to which we exclaim, "this writing is PERFECT!"). Then, when we get to other pages that are entirely crossed out... well, back to the drawing board.
So, I'll have my thoughts on WHITE NOISE tomorrow. Feel free to agree or disagree, but my goodness, at least have an opinion. Right now, I'm off to clean the house, help fix the driveway, and then (as put to me by my partner) "finesse" the thriller outline.
Until tomorrow, kiddies...
--"It was the bogeyman."
HALLOWEEN

2 Comments:
Oh come on, spill. What were those "80's classics" that you watched? My jaw won't slack that you hadn't seen them, though my eyes might pop to hear that you did watch a "classic" movie. Of course, 80's is pretty marginal to be calling a classic. Let me know when you go on a Joan Crawford or Kathryn Hepburn binge.
:-) :-) :-)
Oh Thommy....White Noise? Really? I think you should sit down with Catherine and watch "Demon Child 666." Followed by Rosemary's Baby...yeah...horror children...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home