FRIDAY THE 13th Premiere!
Tony and I went to the premiere for the new FRIDAY THE 13th last night and had a blast! It was really interesting to see how they could take a film that seems so known and prevalent and modernize it. It was definitely a slickly made, intense film.
The writers (Damian Shannon & Mark Swift, who also wrote FREDDY VS. JASON) did some really interesting things with it. I also liked how they added small touches that made me realize they really did try and think about the character of "Jason." There were enough little things here and there that made me, as a writer, really appreciate what they set out to do with this new version.
I won't get in to what they were, but I'll be seeing the film again..maybe I'll catch even more.
The afterparty was cool, too. I got to meet face to face (as we had only emailed an intro) Brad Fuller. He's such a nice guy and was gracious enough to not only help us interview the cast of the new film for our documentary, but he was interviewed as well. It was also nice to chat again with some of the actors from the film who came in for our documentary. I also reintroduced myself to Wes Craven. That was cool.
It was a great night! Oh, but the best part was meeting and chatting with the actress who was in MY BLOODY VALENTINE who ran around totally nude (except for high heels, natch), waving a gun and being terrorized by the miner. She was super nice, super cool and super funny.
Labels: His Name Was Jason, Premieres

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home