They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Saturday, January 31, 2009

HIS NAME WAS JASON screening

The screening at The New Beverly Cinema was a great success!

It was really fun. I went with Geoffrey, Aimee and Jan. Of course, Tony and Dan were there as were a lot of online genre journalists, tons of fans and a few people from the FRIDAY franchise and even Seth Green showed up.

It was pretty cool to see it on the big screen (or, in the case of the New Beverly, the sort of-kind of big screen) with that audience. They laughed when we wanted them too and truly seemed to get out of it what we put in.

The night started with hello's and mingling, and then Blake, Tony and me went up to the front to say a few things. Actually, i said VERY few things; yes, I am loud and goofy, but when it comes to off the cuff, say something to a crowd of people, I generally clam up. I think it worked out and I didn't become a total goober. Hey, Aimee helped by screaming out my name in excitement. I smiled.

The DVD doc comes out next Tuesday and that night, as I've mentioned before, we have a big signing. it should be super fun! Actually, I have to go on Tuesday afternoon to pre-sign the DVDs...they have so many sold and so many people coming, they want anyone who can to sign early. Hey, at least I know my signature will get a good spot on the DVD cover!

I can't wait!

Oh, and what is even more exciting is our sales have skyrocketed on Amazon.com and we leapt to the head of the class...we're now number 4 in all documentary! I am hoping we actually get to #1. But, I'll admit, "Planet Earth" and "The Secret" will be hard to beat.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home