2009 Is Starting Off Well!
I am so excited to say that Catherine and I have found a manager! Better yet, it was based solely on our material and a meeting between us, and not someone we knew before (who I would then try to guilt into helping us).
Our manager (a phrase I need to get used to!) read three of our scripts, really liked them, had wonderful things to say and decided to meet us. We met at Cafe Audrey in Hollywood. Now, and Cat can get into this more, the menu at Cafe Audrey states it is "world famous." Cat and I tried, while we waited for our meeting to start, to dig up why it was saying it was "world famous," but as of yet we've turned up nothing. Go figure.
Shortly after our failed search for "world famous" reasons, Kaila (our future manager) came in. We immediately liked her: poised, charming, sweet, smart, savvy, funny...you could really sense she had a head on her shoulders and knew the who's and what's of the business. Also, and this was important not only for our egos (ha!), but as a sign of what she sees in us, but she said: "I think you guys are ready to break into working non-stop."
Yes, I wanted to scream with joy. For now, I'll go with the song from WICKED that popped in to my head (which i didn't tell Cat because she might have run screaming*): "Did that really just happen? Have I actually understood?" (Aimee will probably be the only one to get that reference).
We were very happy when, at the table, she said "I'd like to rep you." Cat and I looked at each other and were like, "what do we do? Do we say yes now?" Kaila could sense our thinking things through at lightning-quick pace and told us, think about it, call people, meet with others, etc.
Well, I did call people (they love Kaila), we didn't meet with anyone else (we didn't feel the need) and we are on our way with real representation!
Now, the hard work starts...she already wants to see the new stuff we've been working on so Cat and I are making things sparkle.
At any rate, it was a great day and Cat and I have said 2009 is the year for great things to start...and they are.
:-)
Labels: Writing Projects

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home