When A Door Slams In Your Face...
Make sure your fingers are all still there. Then go through the window.
Well, I found out the other day that one of our projects, already "in-development" will probably be there for a little longer than we had hoped. I wish I was using some kind of euphamism for "it's dead" or "it'll go someday." Truth be told, I just don't know. But, it's a great script and we were told there is interest. We'll see.
I also wanted to point out that the DTV (direct-to-video) we have coming out late this year is an animated feature. No, sir, it's not a cartoon, but thank you. You can sit down now.
Yes, animated feature just has a more prestigious ring to it. Just because it isn't THE LION KING, doesn't mean it won't be good (when it comes out, watch it, dammit!).
If I can revisit for a moment our chat on remakes. There was a little film John carpenter made called ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13. This was way, way back. Like, in the 1970s. Yeah, it's OLD (that was for you, Tom). Anyway, it is being remade and it has a great cast (Ethan Hawke, John Leguizamo, Drea De matteo) and the reviews are really good. You should all check it out.
My partner, Cat, and I got an interesting email today. Someone I knew knows someone who has a treatment for a horror film that they do not have time to write, so they are looking for a co-writer. I told my friend we would like to hear more about this notion of "co-writer." Hey, we'll be more than happy to write a movie based on someone else's idea, get credit, and make a good movie. Apparently, there is even a director attached. No, we don't know who. But, as my fearless partner asked, "I mean, is this some guy's Uncle Bob saying 'I got a camera!'" That sounds like me when i was 10. My firneds and i put together a singing group, made a curtain on a clothesline, and said, "Let's put on a show." We called ourselves "The Xanadu's." I know. I'll stop. Even for me, the rest is just too horrifying. Cat may be screaming right now as she reads that last point. but, she makes very good points like that. Anyway, I'll fill you in on whatever this turns out to be, because it coming to us is very interesting.
Other than that, it is a quiet day. We forge ahead on the outline and have decided to write something for staffing season (the time when all the shows on television look for writers they might need). Thousands of script for very few jobs. Oh, the happiness and promise of life as a writer.
Still, if I know one thing, it's (and, please, say it with me)...
--"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
DAWN OF THE DEAD

1 Comments:
The 70's is kind of old. But I wouldn't say it's OLD. I mean, it was after YOU were born, wasn't it? ;-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home