They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Holidays Bring Out...

The writer in me.

Well, they have this year, anyway. I am sure most of you know we are working on a Christmas movie. A fantasy. Something that (we hope) Lifetime, ABC Family, Hallmark -- any of them -- will want to gobble up like holiday leftovers.

The nice thing is, writing this time of movie now gives me a sense of urgency and inspiration. Yes, I admit it, I listen to Christmas music throughout the year, but there is something about writing a scene that takes place during the holidays, well, during the holidays.

I love knowing that after I jot down my thoughts for the day that I'll leave my office, go downstairs and see our beautifully lit tree and all of our decorations.

This script is also a slight departure as we're crafting it for a TV movie, using the seven act structure. My goal -- and it is, indeed, lofty! -- is to be well into act three by the end of the month.

That leaves me a few days.

Having said that, I think it's time to get back to it.

After I look at our Christmas tree, of course.

PS: a shout out to my friend Lana who made is one of the very, lucky few Disney writing fellows for 2009. I am so proud of her and her talents!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home