They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

And yes, sorta kinda delightful!

We always get a few days of snow in the winter, but let me tell you...not like this! It was, literally, like a blizzard today. In fact, it's still snowing and blowing (albeit not as much as earlier). We have drifts that are well over three feet!

Yeah, it is kinda awesome. Check out the G man's blog for some photos.

On another note, the holidays are fully upon us which means things in Tinsel (no pun intended, obviously) Town kind of slow down. We still have some interest in two of our horror scripts, our supernatural- adventure is out to directors and we just started writing our new spec (as Cat outlines yet another one for us to tackle at the same time). So, busy, busy, busy.

I was also asked today to be an Executive Producer of a pilot for a show that is filming in Colorado (as of now) for a "Ghost Hunters" kind of show. Oh, yeah, I'll also be IN the pilot. yes, I'll be terrified -- I think that is why they want me in it.

Keep you posted on that as well.

In addition to all of that, I have been doing some reading. Since I cannot figure out how to get the nifty "what I am reading" widget Catherine has, I'll do it the old-fashioned internet way and show titles and links right here:

A LOTUS GROWS IN THE MUD by Goldie Hawn

Really loved this; it's a great story, Goldie is warm and open and you really get to "know" her If you are a fan of her or any of her movies (or Kurt Russell), you'll love it.

THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU by H.G. WELLS

It's a classic and it's an amazing book. Gripping, creepy, and definitely worth a quick read.

THE INVISIBLE MAN by H.G. WELLS

I had never read this before, though I like Wells' writing very much. This is a dense book, but interesting and well-plotted. The invisible man's descent is interesting and totally believable.

And after all that, I am now just beginning:

ALFRED HITCHCOCK: A LIFE IN DARKNESS AND LIGHT by Patrick McGilligan

I really wanted to know more about him, since so many interesting stories are out there. I should know; as a once-tour guide at Universal I told many of them!

That's it for now, so have a good night (and, Aimee, have a good time singing!).

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Chatt said...

I read (well, listened to) the Invisible Man earlier in the year and really enjoyed it. I caught it on The Classic Tales, a weekly podcast of short stories, with emphasis on the macabre. You'd love it. (Look on iTunes.)

Not sure about Cat, but I use shelfari.com to keep track of my reading list, and it makes a nice bookshelf widget to put on the margin of your blog.

Good luck with the snow!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home