Age Is Nothing More Than...
A number. And it can make you feel old. As a wise, old (not age-old, but time-old) friend so heart-wrenchingly put it to me, the 70's is old, but not OLD.
Oh, then he pointed out that I was born around then.
Ouch.
Am I old? Yikes. I will say that I'm not, so if wisdom comes with age, then I have a long way to go. It makes me think of Tom (not the "old" part, but the "wisdom" part), whose blog is practically changing the world. It's so insightful and wonderful to read. Here I am going on about age, remakes, horror movies... and it's so damn fun I can't stand it! All kidding aside, check out his blog. It is that good.
In the interest of fairness and speaking of old movies, I think, faithful reader, it is safe to say the following are OLD movies:
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE (the original, not the TV remake. Again, with the TV remakes!)
Any of the original Universal Monster films (if you have never seen the originals, you should.)
THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI (an amazing visual feast.)
There are others, yes, but those popped into my mind at this late hour.
It just dawned on me that two new genre shows have sprung up on television that you should be watching:
POINT PLEASANT: BUFFY veteran Marti Noxon created this show about a girl born to a human mother, but fathered by the Devil himself. I liked it. It doesn't -- yet -- have the same witty banter and hip personality that BUFFY did... but, people, please. What EVER will? I say let's all grab some popcorn and give it a chance.
MEDIUM: She sees dead people. She hears thoughts of those around her. She helps solve crimes. Ok, so far, so good. But SHE is Patricia Arquette. And we love her. Yes, think back to 1987, kids. She helped vanquish everyone's favorite dream stalker. Time's up. She played Kristin in A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS, one of THE best in the series. MEDIUM has a great setup and is primed to go in many different directions. Let's hope some are scary. I say check it out.
Ok, I'm done. Tomorrow, we're off to a movie (LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS) and then a dinner.
Sleep tight. As always...
--"I can hold my breath, a loooong time!"
CREEPSHOW

2 Comments:
Yup, age is nothing more than a number. That's what my mother says, and since I've been getting older while she hasn't, I have to say she must be on to something.
Thanks for the fine words about my blog. I'm honored. Ironically, if your readers follow your link to my "changing-the-world" (!) blog site, the first thing they'll see there tonight is a film review. :-)
P.s. Age may be just a number, but I do have to admit to being alive when "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" was released. And that IS an OLD movie. ;-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home