They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Saturday, August 06, 2011

You Don't Bring Me Flowers...Anymore.

I won't even make excuses to the three readers who might be following me. I've been busy. May say the after effects of SCREAM: THE INSIDE STORY. It aired, it was exciting and now it can be seen on blu-ray soon with the release of the SCREAM trilogy blu-ray box set. So, what are you waiting for? Ghostface needs you. Also that month I was in production on an indie dramedy, which is cute.

I then launched into the next documentary: MORE BRAINS! A RETURN TO THE LIVING DEAD, the definitive retrospective on the film THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. It's a punk rock zombie movie that is fast-paced and fun. Oh, I also won a Saturn Award for Best DVD of the Year for NEVER SLEEP AGAIN: THE ELM STREET LEGACY. It's the show that keeps on giving. That was my June.

July, I took off for vacation! I have to say having the luxury of taking a month off is something you can do when you don't have what I like to call a "grown-up job." Granted, I worked while away (one thing was a convention, I was writing and checking emails as well), but it was a nice time to leave Hollywood behind for a while, at least physically.

Now, we're into August and I am in the final stages of post on the "More Brains" project. It's coming along nicely. I am also in post on the indie film. I have two other retrospectives up my sleeve I am itching to do, so hoping I can get those off the ground. I do kind of feel that there is this cool satisfaction that I can make these things on the movies I grew up watching and meet the people I loved as a kid.

As for writing, Cat and I are in the midst of a new script, an adventure/thriller. It's fun.

Until next time, stay busy! I know I will.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home