Dreams and Nightmares
I had what I think can qualify as both a dream and a nightmare. The dream part was that someone wanted to buy our action-adventure script. The nightmare part was that they offered us a really low amount of money, but on top of that kept insisting we were insane thining that anyone would want to buy this movie. I remember alot of yelling, and when I woke up, I was sure I must have been yelling in my sleep.
Moving on...we got notes on Act 2 of our thriller from our faithful manager. He really liked where we took the script, gave us some great notes, and we're plowing ahead on fixing/tightening things, then moving to Act 3. It's exciting to almost be done with another spec, but then the daunting realiztion hits: we have to immediately start a new one. Our goal is to have three solid spec scripts by fall. One down, one almost down, and one to go.
Oh, I almost forgot: I saw DARK WATER. This is a toughy. I actually liked it, though some people I was with thought it was boring. Before I move on I'll say I did not see the original. I'll agree the remake wasn't scary at all (and the "mystery" wasn't a mystery at all), but there was something compelling about it. There is also Jenifer Connelly's perforormance, which I thought was great: subtle, real, and, at the right times, emotionally moving. Who'd have thought from a girl who got started in, yes, horror films. In her case, the probably little seen (ok, yes, I saw it), PHENOMENON aka CREEPERS (no, not the Travolta mess). I'm telling you, horror finds a way.
Today we're going to see CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. I'm pretty excited. Not only do I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, but the movie looks...well, delicious. Plus the fact that the original is very much a thinly veiled horror film/nightmare. I can only hope this one has as much creepiness as Johnny Depp's "Wonka" look.
--"The suspense is killing me. I hope it will last."
WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home