They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Sunday, July 24, 2005

One Degree of Jason Voorhees

That's right, I was one degree away from 'ol Hockey Mask. I understand to most people that's nothing -- or they don't even know what I am talking about -- but to me, it was fun (I suppose I am also one degree -- or less -- from Freddy Kruger, but that just feels different).

I am working on a project that has a person on it from FRIDAY THE 13th PART 7: THE NEW BLOOD (one of my favorite in the series). She's incredibly talented, fun to work with, and wonderfully nice. Upon meeting her I, of course, gushed about how I LOVE the FRIDAY film. I also liked her in the film alot (because she can actually act and made her character real). At any rate, she seemed to get a kick out of that and I even brought in a still from the film for her to sign (which will be framed and be proudly displayed in my office).

Isn't Hollywood exciting? Most people would die to meet Julie Roberts. I want to met the a character in a film most critics called "Jason vs. Carrie" (yes, the heroine of the film has telekinetic powers dont'cha know?). Who knew? Well, and to be even more honest, when we went to Washington, DC a while ago, everyone was excited to hear the stories of our visit to the Capitol, The Washington Monumnet, etc. But that's stuff is not for me. Instead, I told them the grand tale of what i really wanted to see. The stairs and home from THE EXORCIST! When we got there I thought to myself... "Now THIS is history!"

What can I say? It's the little things in life.

Moving on from that, Cat and I have started our act 3 and we are also in the process of formulating a pitch on a short story that has room to be made into something smart and scary (I give the credit to Cat for the smart part -- she came up with a really interesting take). Not even sure if it will go anywhere, but it's worth a shot.

We had a thunderstorm at our house today, which was cool (and helped cool things down. It's a balmy 80-something degrees right now.

--"Give me what I want, and I'll go away."
STEPHEN KING'S STORM OF THE CENTURY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home