They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Act 1, Pitching, and The Dentist!

Hey kiddies.

So, as I mentioned in my last post, our revised Act 1 is done and was sent to Aimee for the red pen. Happily, there weren't many notes and the one big note she had was something Cat and I had already knew needed some work (and we even got a smiley face on one part). So, it looks like we're on track. It's now in the hands of our manager and we're getting ready to tackle Act 2.

An interesting thing came to me the other day, when a friend of ours told me about a company that had an open writing assignment for a horror/thriller. The funny thing is, the feature is something similar to what Cat and I tackled in a short we wrote. So, our faithful manager is going to put some calls in and see if he can get us read for it and maybe a meeting/pitch. That would be nice. I remember our meeting at Universal on something else a while ago and walking on to a studio lot for a writer meeting never loses its excitement.

I had my widsom teeth pulled yesterday, so I can't really talk. Looks like it's time to do some writing!

--"It's time for your checkup... pray it won't be your last."
THE DENTIST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home