This Land Is Your Land! This Land Is...
The LAND OF THE DEAD!
Well, skeetin-hollerin' gitcher, folks! I never thought we'd actually see the day that George A. Romero made another zombie movie, but that day has arrived (fine, you purists, it arrives tomorrow 6/24). Now, not only has the time come for another zombie masterpiece from the man who created the zombie genre as we know it (all of you THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI fans can put the weapons down -- I said "as we know it." Meaning our time. Sheesh!), not only have the fans been clamoring for this moment, but...
...yes, the drum roll goes here.
(yes, here, right now, thank you.)
The critics LOVE it!
Great reviews from the following only heighten my anticipation:
Daily Variety
The Hollywood Reporter
The LA Times
The New York Times
Chicago Tribune
Newsday
Chicago Sun-Times
...and so many more.
Oh, happy day for the horror genre. I just love it when a horror film comes out and people not only like it, but they understand that the filmmaker is trying to say something. Again, for those not in the know (and you really should know), Romero made his "dead" films to reflect the socio-political times in which they were made. And it always worked well. Critics always got it.
And they still get it. I cannot wait to see it. I simply can't.
In other news:
--Cat and I got feedback on Act 1 and we are go for launch of Act 2!
--Paperwork is signed, sealed, and delivered on the story we sold.
--We're wrapping up a pitch that even wowed us!
--My teeth still hurt. I'm clearly not one of those "bounce right back after wisdom teeth removal" people. It sucks.
Stay tuned for more exciting and thrilling news! As a matter of fact you have to because...
--"Don't you know what's goin' on out there? This is no Sunday School picnic! "
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD


1 Comments:
You know, they say that people who tan easily also heal from their wisdom teeth pullage faster. I have no idea what the correlation is, but if you're a fried-tomato sort of guy, then you're probably still hurting. Me, I'm a tanner so I got over it real fast. I think if you're still in pain though, you should go see Land of the Dead now - - it'll make it more "real" or something.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home