When It Rains...
Well, it rains. I won't say it is pouring because that might be a little bit of an overstatement, but things have been busy!
I'll try and do a fast recap:
--I've formed a production company with a very good friend of mine and we are in the process of producing our first movie. Yes, already! It's a fun anthology film with scripts written by me and Cat, me and my producing partner, Anthony, and then one written by a writer Anthony found. The first segment of the film shoots at the end of this month and it has been a whirlwind so far! We are almost all crewed up and went location scouting (which might be the most fun job ever!) to find a police station (we found out that filming in a real station was either impossible or cost prohibitive). I'll keep you posted on the progress of the film. I keep hearing Bette Davis saying, "Buckle your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
--Cat and I have had some good meetings with a company whose development executive likes us alot and wants to find something to work on. We gave them a pitch on one idea, a pitch to revamp a script they had and now we're reading a book they are thinking of turning into a film. So, we'll see where that goes, but they are a GREAT company, the executive is amazing and we really want to work with them.
--We turned in our draft of a script for a project with producer Denise Di Novi (yes, that faint, high-pitched sound you hear is me all atitter with excitement). We're waiting to hear back on notes, but it was fun to write.
--The supernatural horror film that Cat and I wrote (I like to call it "the script that will not die") is picking up a little momentum. It has a bunch of genre talent attached (Dee Wallace, Heather Langenkamp, Lin Shaye, Ellie Cornell and even Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund has told us he loves the role we wrote for him and wants to play it -- yes, there is that high-pitched sound again!). We're out right now to Michael Biehn (ALIENS, THE ABYSS, PLANET TERROR) to play a role; I have my fingers crossed as he'd be perfect. Then, it's off to the wonderful world of trying to find the money. At a budget of about 2 million, it won't be easy. Then again, finding ANY amount of money never is!
--One of our favorite projects, our gritty horror film also has some great cast attached (Tania Raymonde from "Lost," Christian Kane from "Angel" and even entertainer Carrie Underwood read it and said "I love it!" to play a cameo (that dang high-pitched sound again!). I am hoping that goes soon...it would make such a great, scary film.
--Cat and I are partnering up with a superbly talented music video writer/director to write the script for (that he'll direct) a film idea I pitched the two of them...it's a kind of movie I have always dreamed of doing and they both got what I was after. We're outlining right now, so we'll see how that turns out.
--I also have some other things in the works, one of them being the co-writer and co-producer of a documentary on a very classic horror series of films. We're pitching that soon, so i pray that goes...it would be pretty awesome.
Speaking of classic horror films...can we not talk about the remake/reimagining/whatever of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET? My goodness.
Speaking of that film, I am going to a convention next weekend with a bunch of my NIGHTMARE film actor friends. it is always fun to get away at these things, hang out and have a blast. Actually, I have two coming up; one in Dallas next weekend and one in New Jersey the following weekend. March is a very busy month for me this year!
All right, you must be bored to tears listening to me go on and on.
I am going to write more as a little pre/during/post production on our film...that should be wildly fascinating...I hope!
--"The prophecy didn't say anything about this! "
THE DARK CRYSTAL

1 Comments:
Yaaaayyyyyyyy!!!
So much great news, that is awesome!!! Let me know if there is a part in there somewhere for a plucky down-on-her luck actress who starred in a little film called SOMEONE'S OUT THERE! Oh, and ps. I've gained about 20 pounds since the baby and have even bigger bags under my eyes. Lol. I am totally kidding. Except for the being excited part....I am so excited FOR YOU!!! xoxoxo Love, Annie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home