Long Gone, But Not Forgotten...
Yes, I know...I've disappeared and reappeared so many times. I'll be honest and say that the main reason being there wasn't anything GOOD to write about in terms of horror movies (in my humble opinion, what has been out there hasn't been particularly great). Plus, Cat and I have been busy busy busy wrapping up our latest spec, outlining the next, and I have also been working on attaching talent to one of our scripts. That has actually been going well.
There might be some good news on the horizon, so I will be back soon to confirm or deny any reports.
Recent good news is, it seems our latest spec is a hit for those who have read it. Right now, it is mostly potential agents and managers, as we're looking to sign with someone new and go out with it. But, so far, some comments have been:
--"I'm glad I read it and I also wish I hadn't. Glad becuase it was so good, but it also put images in my mind that I wish I had never thought of."
--"I read the first 20 pages and it sucked me right in. You guys can definitely write."
--"I was reading it on a plane, completely drawn into what you guys created, and kept saying to myself 'please don't land for another 20 minutes...I have to finish this!'"
And, my personal favorite:
--"You guys must have some serious buried issues. It is crazy and sick, sick, sick. I loved it!"
So, yeah, it feels pretty good! I'll make sure I keep you posted on this one.
On the spec we're attaching talent to, I hooked up with a writer/producer who liked it and wants to direct it, so we're trying to get it going as an indie horror picture. So far, we have three pretty cool genre names attached, we're out to two more, and even if nothing comes of it, it is fun to play "producer" (plus, I'm learning alot!).
As for the movies out there, I have not been impressed. SAW 3 was fine, but it lacked the grittiness of part 1, the intriguing characters and story of part 2, and the fun endings of either of them. Plus, it kind of left it open for a sequel, kind of not...they played both sides.
By far one of the worst movies out there -- ever! -- was the 3-D (yes, you read right: 3-D!) remake of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. Beyond awful. Horrible. The acting, the script, the design...even the 3D was sub-par. The movie was only 80 minutes long, but I felt like I was trapped in that farmhoue forever! Just a total disregard for the classic film, the people behind this need to be arrested and put into movie jail -- life sentences! (okay, the 3D glasses are a neat memento)
All right, Cat and I are off to write, have lunch, and see TURISTAS (they say it is more "icky" than scary," but, hey...cool!).
I hope to have great news soon and cannot wait to start 2007 as the year of our writing (there is a chinese symbol for that, right?)!
--"I'm sorry. I know it's hard to concentrate when you're surrounded by so many things you could kill me with. Like this axe I saw you looking at."
SAW III

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home