When You have To Be A Whirling Dervish!
I have never been busier in my life! But, that is a good thing, I guess (except for the stress I feel).
We got notes on our action-adventure script. They weren't bad. We just have about 20 days to wrap up the revision (insert nail-biting and teeth-chattering here).
I just came back from a super fun trip to Dallas where i had clients at a convention. I kinda hate the word clients, since most of them have become friends. Still, in the end, we are doing business...it's just a heck of alot of fun!
Then, I go to New Jersey this weekend for another show.
There is also the movie we're starting to film at the end of the month. Seriously, I cannot wait to get all of this stuff done, wrapped up and move on to April!
I did get an interesting call today from someone who has money, wants to make a monster movie with a certain actress...and we just happen to have a monster movie with that actress. Interesting!
I have been really set on a few films from the 80s that i love (nothing groundbreaking or monumental) that I would love to remake. I am not always a huge fan of remakes, but some lesser-known horror titles could use a redux with today's makeup effects and such.
I also really want Cat and I to develop and write this ensemble drama that I have been talking about with her for a while (we actually started outlining it years ago and let it slide as we did other things).
After we wrap up the rewrite, I am hoping that we can move on to writing another spec we have started to brainstorm and outline (sci-fi!) and then do a tv pilot spec.
So, we'll see where things end up. And I'll keep you posted on the film. We are currently looking for a police station set (wayyyy harder than you might think). The good sets are too pricey, the buildings that work won't let us, and the ones that could work...well, don't really work well.
Still, I keep asking myself, "Will I be able to handle all this stuff?" If you make a bet I won't, well, I have one thing to say...
"You just lost a hundred bucks, sucker!"
LITTLE DARLINGS

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home