They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Production -- Day Three!

More of the same: filming all night, stress, solving problems and all the other fun stuff.

And when I say "fun," I really do mean it.

Today was an interesting night, because we had to deal with what all horror fans crave...BLOOD!

The fake kind, of course.

Yes, tonight's shoot had some of our bloody moments. it was interesting to watch and hear the phrase, "More Blood!" yelled over and over again.

Also, and though I knew this, it didn't dawn on me until shooting: blood and effects scenes take SOOOOO long to film. Set up, prep, film, clean up...repeat. Again, again, again and again!

In the end, the scenes were great, our actors played it all so wonderfully and what a blast it was to see up close the fighting and contact look so real on camera but so, um, not real on set.

The magic of movies.

Other than that, the night's shooting went well. Smooth and by the numbers. Danielle has been getting an amazing number of setups per night.

And I still cannot commend our lead, Dana, enough for her powerful, totally distraught and emotionally draining performance!

Be back soon with info on Night 4!

"Conversion is a very difficult and time consuming operation. When Diana simply needs some information, she'll do whatever's most effective and efficient... And she likes to do it. "
--V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home