They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Slow and Steady

I just tell myself that if we just keep at it, day in and day out, we'll get there (wherever "there is in Hollywood).

We had a great call with the executive at the company for which we're developing a thriller. It was nice to hear -- after (at least I was) worrying there were major problems with the outline we submitted because our call had been rescheduled a few times -- that he really, really liked it. He even compared it to the feel of another cool thriller (which, sorry kids, I'm keeping nameless. Love you, too!).

So, we are making some tweaks on the outline and then we'll go from there and see. But, it was good news.

On the spec front, our managers loved -- loved, loved, loved! -- our last spec. It was one of the best calls to get when you are waiting for notes. Of course, it started with a very low, "So...we read the script..." and my heart sank. Then it soared when the words "we absolutely loved it" came out. And, yeah, I'll say it: we got them to cry...exactly where we hoped people would, too! Cha-ching.

The hope is we polish it and get it in pristine condition, get an agent on board to go wide with it and make that big, breaking sale every writer like us dreams of.

Hollywood dreams, I know.

But someone's gotta have 'em, so why not us?

Until next time, all!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home