Really? A Month?
Yes, it has been a month since I last posted.
Well, a quick update:
--waiting on Starz to pitch our concepts to SyFy. We have four in to them that they like. I'd love us to sell them all, but there are definitely two of them we'd like to do.
--two of our scripts still under option...and still no bites. Not big enough to write about, anyway. I have one script out to some talent to see if they'll attach.
--We are this close to getting to work with a really great company on a really cool project. Actually, there are two possibilities, so fingers crossed.
--We had a super great meting at Dark Castle. We are hoping to go back later this month/early October to pitch some ideas.
--We finished our teen thriller spec, sent it to our manager and she liked it. We did some revisions...and now we hope it goes out and (no pun intended) makes a killing.
--We're writing our next spec, which we're excited about. It's a teen adventure. it could prove to be our most commercial thing yet. Do I hear four-quadrant movie calling us? :-)
--Keep the good vibes for us up, we have a plan to write a spec every quarter. That's right, kids, 4 new scripts a year. We can do it, I know it.
--the last bit of news is that I am going to be producing and writing a dream project of mine: the definitive documentary on the A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET FILMS. Yes, that tiny voice in the back of your mind is me screaming for joy like a kid in a candy store. More updates to come, I am sure, and pics, but for now, here is the press release:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/33513/never-sleep-again-the-elm-street-legacy-documentary-its-way
Yeah, I am pretty much crazy excited.
We filmed our teaser not too long ago -- something you'll all see soon -- and it was so awesome. Aside from working with friends, just doing something so intrinsically linked to the Nightmare franchise was too damn cool for words. I grew up watching Friday the 13th and Nightmare, and Nightmare and Wes Craven made me want to work in the movies. So, I guess it all works out in the end.
I'm pretty pleased so far!
More to come...
Labels: Never Sleep Again, Pitches, SyFy, Writing Projects

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home