We Have Chosen
No, we didn't accidentally think of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (GHOSTBUSTERS is awesome. Watch it, dammit!). But, we did settle on a course of action for our next writing endeavors.
After talking to our manager about some things, we decided to write a spec script for staffing season. It's due March 1st so he can go over it and, hopefully, love it. If that is the case (and it WILL be) then he will send it out for television execs to read it. From there, they will decide they simply love us and have to meet us. Then, we'll go back to him and decide which amazing offer to take.
See kids, writing in Hollywood is THAT easy!
If only. Still, we chose a fun show and think it plays to our sensibilities and strengths.
The outline will finally be done at the end of this week and we are happy with that. Oh, how I WISH I could tell you what we found out about that random email, from the guy who has a treatment and needs a writer. Well, let's just say that alot of people would know who the director is, but they probably will know -- and love? -- him from something else. When he was not a director. But an actor. In a VERY popular TV show. Part of me wants to say it because of the kitsch factor, but the other part tells me, "Thommy, be nice." I'll keep you posted on that. I have a feeling it will work itself out by the beginning of next week. Really, if they are going to give us credit, pay us, and get a movie made of course we're gonna look into it. And it is horror. We're good at that. Even in our coming-of-age, action-adventure movie Aimee said the best scene was when we killed a character off. I'm still not sure if that means it's a good thing...
Oh, I almost forgot! Remember how I said not even SciFi has remade the movie SQUIRM? Well, just last night, as I lay in bed trying to decide what to do -- drown myself or scratch my eyes out? -- to forget I watched CATWOMAN, I saw an ad on the SciFi Channel for...
LARVA!
Yes. Larva. The more I look at that I realize we can write something for them. Maybe something called PUPA? I know I'm scared. Hey, I love SciFi (THE 4400 was alot of fun). I'd love us to write something for them.
Switching gears I'd like to point out that all my nifty links go to www.rottentomatoes.com, a fun site that Cat had shown me. She usually trusts their judgment so... does it help that NIGHT OF THE COMET got a 91%? 91%! Come on, now. That's amazing! It's also going to be on tv this week. It might be time for the world to embrace it. I have a small wish that Cat will come to me one day and tell me, "Thommy, all these years you were right. I should watch NIGHT OF THE COMET. I was a cheerleader. I NEED to know what to do in case we're the only two left."
I'll tell you one thing, I'd be the blonde so back off!
Maybe even -- I know, I know! -- we should remake it.
Speaking of remakes (these days it is hard not to), what do we all think of remaking EVIL DEAD? Hmmm. I'm torn. Could it use an update? Sure. But, it's so... right the way it was made. And didn't Bruce Campbell make that movie work? Of course he did. You really should read his book. It's pretty damn funny. I also think Raimi and Friends tend to make good movies, so it would be interesting to see what they do with it.
BOOGEYMAN on the other hand... well, we'll see. It reminds me a little too much of DARKNESS FALLS (I never understood that title. Who the heck would ever name a town that?).
Ok, I'm out. Have a great night. Thanks for the memories. I love those new shoes you have. And, yes, you can always count on me.
Now, all those thoughts aside, there is still one very important question...
--"How can they cut the power? They're animals!"
ALIENS

2 Comments:
GOSH, I'm SO STUMPED about who this director could be, I mean geez...but I'm willing to guess that he's got a theater named after him on the USC campus, in a building named after another director guy who diects movies about a guy trapped on a desert island with only his fed ex packagings surrounding him.
Congrats ahead of time - sounds like things are really looking up for you two! Way to go.
Uh yeah, that person your thinking about, Aimee...not even close. Thanks for the optimism. Not only are you are best critic (and I mean that in a good way), you are our best cheerleader.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home