They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Next!

That's right, kids...Cat and I have turned in our full draft spec and are moving on to the next one. Of course, we'll get notes (of praise, we hope!) from our manager, but after that it'll go out to buyers. Let's hope that one day soon my posts have the subject line: $$$$$!

In other news, I saw a small horror movie called CRY WOLF. Very interesting. It was made for about a million bucks as part of a contest type thing between Chrysler and Doug Liman's company, Hypnotic. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it, either. What disappointed me was that it was billed as a horror film, but it was really more of a teen thriller. I found it to be a little predictable and, no, it isn't that i think I'm that smart...I think that I tend to ask myself, "what are some things we would do?" And then they end up on screen. For better or worse. Like, THE VILLAGE. I'm not being cocky, but I knew within the first few minutes that it was modern day...don't ask me why. It might have been the little touches, the costumes, the way the actors spoke...whatever the reason, I got it right away. I still enjoyed the movie. now, call me lame, but I still do honmestly think THE SIXTH SENSE was a stumper. That one got me and I still think the twist holds up well (and is still awesome).

So, I'd like to point out that I don't go into these types of movies to NOT enjoy them. I want to love them, I really do (which is why I proudly admit my love for some VERY bad movies). But, if I figure it out, I'm not being evil or bitter or whatever. I just happened to figure it out...and that doesn't mean I enjoyed the film any less if I had not figured it out. Some people go in trying to figure it out (me, because I'm a writer) and some people don't (most everyone else). I actually don't mind if I get the "twist" right, because then I get the satisfaction of "unraveling the mystery." And if I get it wrong, I have reason to exclaim, "Oh my god! I thought it was..." So, anyway, let's keep the twists and turns coming!

But tonight is one of the ultimate horrors: MARTHA STEWART: THE APPRENTICE. I'm sure it will scare me silly.

Until next time, kiddies...

--"There are secrets in every corner of this village. Do you not feel it? Do you not see it? "
THE VILLAGE

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

What did you think of The Others?

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home