Desperate Housekeeping Items
I'm tired today and it's raining, so I am just going to avoid the usual flash and excitement of my posts...and just give you the nitty gritty:
--Cat and I did not get an episode of the Russian sitcom. Still, all is not lost, as the Current Programming exec really liked our ideas and will give us another shot when another batch of episodes is ordered. Oh, and to answer Aimee's question...they kind of get the American humor and that is what they like (but most scripts are then retooled for their audience), but some things, as we found out, simply will not translate...hence them passing on our awesome Christmas episode. I guess Santa skips them?
--We got good news and bad news on our thriller. Good news is the scary stuff is oh-so-scary...the bad news is our manager wants more scary and less talking. So, we're tweaking the script -- again -- to make it more exciting.
--We sent our spec MEDIUM episode (which people seem to like) off to a contest in which we were semi-finalists the last time we entered. We're hopeful we'll be winners now.
--And now, the worst news of all. THE FOG. Saw it. Thought it was...well, people, let's just face facts: it was terrible. Not that the original was amazing, but it was a fun, scary movie. The redux just wasn't scary, had way too much talking, didn't make much sense and, like I've tried telling people, Tom Welling is just not a movie star. He's Clark Kent -- and only on TV. In addition, THE FOG had some of the most cliche, over the top, ridiculously coincidental moments ever put on horror celluloid. What makes me most sad is that Debra Hill is credited as a producer and I don't want this to be the last thing we se her name on.
Sadness.
All right (happiness!), I'm off to do some writing (yes, people, Catherine gave me the hard part!), the dinner, then a movie (perhaps my Netflix choice THE LOCALS).
Oh, I almost forgot. I don't think I mentioned this, but I am doing another convention with Heather and Amanda. This one in LONDON! Yay for me! Never been there so I am really excited...especially because it's free.
Have a good weekend. I'll think of you all when I'm Disneyland tomorrow. Speaking of the happiest place on earth...
--"Something awful happened here, I can feel it, something awful!"
THE WATCHER IN THE WOODS

1 Comments:
OMG! You're going to London? PLEASE go see Guys and Dolls for me! (starring Ewan McGregor) And - your script wasn't scary enough? Pffsssh! Whatever!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home