They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Listening To A Legend

Catherine and I had the pleasure of listening to a talk given by famed stop-motion creator, Ray Harryhausen. Now, if you don't know who Ray Harryhausen is, then you should slap yourself. Not really, but maybe a litle. At any rate, you do know some of the films he's lended his incredible talent to: JASON & THE ARGONAUTS, THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD, and my favorite, CLASH OF THE TITANS. He was funny, warm, insightful and, best of all, he signed the books of his that Cat and I bought. Eeeee!

I also feel good because Cat and I tweaked and/or came up with about 6 animated direct-to-video pitches. Yes, we're going to open ourselves to working in the wonderful world of animation once again. I hope for two things (neither of which are lofty goals, methinks): that we simply get work and that it isn't as "messy" as it has been in the past.

That's about it. I just had to say that I stood next to a legend and we knocked out some good writing...with more to come!

--"What a dangerous precedent. What if there more heroes like him? What if courage and imagination became everyday mortal qualities? What will become of us?"
CLASH OF THE TITANS

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Glazebrook said...

Harryhausen Films rule !!!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home