And The WInner Is...
Us!
Happy Academy Awards Night, everyone! By now, we all know what won and what didn't. I'm saddened, but not shocked, that BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN didn't win Best Picture (c'mon, people, the Academy isn't that progressive yet). Don't get me wrong, CRASH is a great film. I didn't love love love it, but I did think it was good...I thought the script was sensational and amazingly written. But, as a whole, I still thought BROKEBACK was better and far more moving, emotional, and poignant. Glad it got the award for Best Adapted Screenplay (and how cute was Larry McMurtry in jeans!) and that Ang Lee won Best Director.
Also so happy for Reese Witherspoon. I really, really love her. She always pulls out a great performance and she's so dang cute!
So, moving back, I say that the winners are Cat and me simply because:
--our meeting did prove fruitful; we ARE signed with a great team of managers!
--they LOVED not just one of our scripts, but two!
--they think our coming-of-age/action/drama has a real shot at getting some heat!
So, we're in a good place. This week and the next will be, hopefully, telling of what things are to come. Keep 'em crossed!
Ok, that's the update for now. Oh, I would like to respond to two people out there who are Dear Readers:
--I know that we're writers and that having typos in here isn't the best way to shine, but hey, this is off the cuff, stream of consciousness stuff. Still, I'll try to be better it at (that was a joke).
--I know I haven't been the best about writing alot like I used to and that will change. There is certainly alot of stuff I can be syaing about the horror genre right now (and dammit, it needs to be said!).
All right...over and out.
--I'm flesh and blood, but not human. I haven't been human for two hundred years.
INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE

1 Comments:
So, where I'm working now, I have access to a plethora of amazingly bad horror films - such as "Gingerdead Man," where a gingerbread cookie kills people. It's awesome. We could schedule an amazingly bad horror film party at Acton Cinema 1?!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home