Almost There...
The meeting with the managers went really well. They were genuinely interested in us and our writing. It was also nice to hear the guy who would be our main manager say he really liked our supernatural thriller, thought it was scary and exciting, and also that he hadn't ever seen our "villain" before. That was nice. Score one for being original -- or as original as the genre lets one be.
Of course, we wait to hear the official word, but we did get an email saying they're ready to be aggressive and get us out there. They're reading a few more things and deciding on how best to approach everything. All in all, it was good.
I saw SAW 2. It was fine. I thought it was better than the first and definitely better acted (which isn't saying much...sorry Cary Elwes!). The story moved faster and at least had a semblance of something deeper going on. The end, though, felt rushed and that there was a "gotcha didn't we?!" tacked on. Actually, they didn't get us, but it sure was gory!
We're knee deep in writing a television spec. Act 1 is done and we're moving on to the finish. Then, we'll probably see what makes sense in terms of what to write next. Hopefully, it'ss be something we're paid to write.
Until then, I'll catch up on all the shows I have on TiVo. Like, a whole season of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and SUPERNATURAL. Oh, for fans of SMALLVILLE...can you believe they actually killed Mr. Kent?! Poor Martha. I was hoping they would have killed Lana. I cannot stand her!
--I got good news and bad news girls. The good news is your dates are here. The bad news is they're dead
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home