The Dotted Line
At least that is where we hope we'll sign for a new manager. We have a meeting today and it should go well. They received our samples and still set the meeting so that tells us, dear reader, that:
a) they liked our writing enough to sign us
b) they haven't read it yet, but set a meeting
c) they're just being nice
Let's start from the bottom, shall we? Managers and agents, while many of them are nice (some are, I've heard, not so nice) don't have time to waste on simply being nice. They're too busy servicing clients, which is a good thing.
They may very well not have read anything, though I suspect someone did. At least one of the samples was a short and -- do I need to say this -- our material is fun to read. So, let's play along that at least something was read and they still kept the meeting to "look-see" a little more.
As for a)...well, we'll see soon enough, though I doubt we'll get an offer to sign today. Though we might.
I signed up for Netflix today after using one of cat's movies. She'll be thrilled and scared at the same time: thrilled that she gets her movie back, but scared that she knows now I have access to the throes of films she would never, ever watch. Hey, it's research (or that's what I tell her).
Ok, about to get ready for the meeting. Oh, it might not be your cup of tea, but go see FINAL DESTINATION 3. I know, I know, but if you support horror films in general, people will want to keep making them, which means they'll need new material...from new writers...do you see where I'm going with this? Plus, Glen Morgan and James Wong are clever.
Be back soon with, I hope, good news!
--They can smell us. They want to feed off us.
UNDEAD

1 Comments:
If you want to support horror movies, then you should go see "Big Momma's House 2".
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home