Agents, Managers, and Movies...Oh My!
Well, we got a call yesterday from an agent who had read our action-adventure and he said he was "impressed" and that he "liked it very much." We're also going to sit down and meet with him for possible representation. Cool.
We have a meeting with our manager tomorrow to talk about notes on the script before it (hopefully) goes out. Yes, the agent vs. manager question is a tough one (and don't look to us for answers). We decided...why not have both!? At least until we're winning Oscars. Or, until we make enough writing that we get work without 2 people peddling our scripts around.
Saw POSEIDON. I know critics hated it, but I enjoyed it for what it was: 90 minutes of non-stop action. Plus, it has Kurt Russel. Gimme a film with the man who breathed life into Snake Plissken any day.
Also saw AN AMERICAN HAUNTING. Sissy Spacek and Donald Sutherland did the best they could with a film that kind of rips off EVIL DEADin its style. I thought the direction was so-so (coming from the guy who directed DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, should I have been surprised?) and the "twist" was seen a mile away. There was also an issue with moments of the film coming off as really funny when they were really not meant to be.
Speaking of that, it seems that critics aren't being too kind to THE DA VINCI CODE. At the screening in Cannes, people laughed out loud at rather "dramatic" moments. We'll see...
That's the update for now, kiddies.
--"We're cut off from the rest of the world. They can't get to us. Maybe we can get to them. You've said enough, now get out of the way. "
THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE

2 Comments:
ooh! I can't wait until you guys are winners! (not that you're not winners, but an actual little gold statue guy would be such a nice addition to the action figure room).
I found Poseidon to be the best of Titanic without all the nonsense. The dialogue was a bit crap but it moved along at such a quick pace there was no time to worry about it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home