New Look!
Wasn't it time for a blog face lift, Dear Readers? I mean, really.
I was going through ALL of the posts I have ever done...it was tragic how, at some points, there were months where I did nothing. But, I have decided to change that, for real. Also, the tagline for this blog has lost the "horror" part of it. Cat and I have been doing so much non-horror writing that it seemed fitting. I mean, sure, we'd write the great American horror movie...but it sems that our talents are leading us in the direction of writing more than horror. So, that is where we'll go.
I also realized that there is alot of hoping and waiting in our lives as screenwriters. For a moment it made me think "how long do you hold on to the hope?" Then, reality hit me, and the answer came: for as long as it takes.
I mean, we're enjoying the ride, so why not see where it takes us?
We have hit so many bumps, peaks, valleys, you name it...why not stay on the train? It's been a blast to do the things we've done and try to things we want to do. Still, there were points where you wonder how many times you can hear "you guys are so good!" Then, nothing happens.
Well, these fingers were made for typing, so that's just what we'll do!
We got a book from a company at Universal and we're trying to come up with a take for them. It's small and character-driven (in a way that JUNO was, though not as snarky). We are also trying to come up with a sci-fi type show for a company with a deal with NBC. Sci-fi is hard stuff, I tell ya. Or maybe we're over thinking it and making it too hard on ourselves. I'm not sure we've cracked it yet.
One of our horror scripts is being read right now by two places...so, say it with me, "we'll see."
I have also had a trying few months ever since the filming of the first segment of the anthology film, PRANK. Check out the website and the trailers: www.prankmovie.com. It's really exciting to see things coming to life after so much hard work was put into it.
There were definitely some behind the scenes dramatics at play, creative differences between me and another person, but it seems that it is all sorting itself out now, in a way that benefits the two of us AND the movie.
One thing it did do, though, was completely and wholeheartedly solidify my belief that there really are very few perfect partners for us all out there. And I was lucky to have found my writing perfect partner in Cat. Things are just SO easy when we work together. I suppose I had to learn for myself that not every collaboration is going to be like that.
I mean, who else but Cat is going to put up with my crazy ideas (trust me, she has listened with a good poker face when I tell her some of the things I want us to write or remake, though I can see now she has less hard of a time pretending to be interested. Usually she just gives me a look. And then I know -- but it still doesn't stop me from getting her to watch some GREAT 80s movies with me!).
And that is perfectly fine for me. I have learned the road to success might not be paved with smooth gold, but it doesn't have to be treacherous, either.
We did get some feedback on the latest draft of our supernatural action-adventure. The producers are happier than even last time and now they want some dialogue trims. That was some good news.
With so much going on, we just need that one tiny thing to break and then I think we'll be riding a nice wave for a long time to come!
"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?"
--THE WIZARD OF OZ

1 Comments:
ooooh. facelift. hope. I don't know if I can take this much optimism in one sitting!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home