They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Friday, August 01, 2008

I will start off by saying that I have the song "Defying Gravity," from the musical WICKED, stuck in my head. It's terribly insidious. I have gotten up in the middle of the night with stress from hearing it in my head. I blame Aimee.

But, I digress.

Where to start. Well, the FRIDAY THE 13th documentary is rolling along nicely...if not at over full steam ahead. We have alot of work ahead of us and our plates are full, but every day we get more interviews lined up. it's fun and thrilling and I cannot wait to be on set with people from such a popular franchise.

PRANK is getting some great interest! I'll be on a panel with the directors in August at Monster Mania (a horror convention in New Jersey). That should be fun: me, the lonely writer/producer (Anthony, my partner on it, cannot make it as he'll be knee deep in FRIDAY stuff here in LA) sitting amongst three of horrordoms favorite scream queens-turned-directors. Yeah, I can just see how much attention I'll get!

Then there is the supernatural action-adventure. We are on our last draft (yay!). We'll be working on it this weekend. They are excited to start going to directors. I'm excited, too...to see how long our script stays our script! HaHa.

It's been a busy couple days for cat and I. We've got the script to tweak, we have a pitch for a book property coming up next week, a lunch with another company who is interested in us and then we were read at a network that liked our horror sample and may "want to do a project with us." The excitable me thinks, "great!" The Hollywood realist thinks, "I'll believe it (a little more, anyway!) when they actually call us for a meeting."

Seriously though, I am not jaded!

I do want us to get a gig with them; it's for a network I love.

I also got a call recently saying that there is a publishing house interested in doing another book with a friend of mine (he edited a book for them) and my friend said he thought I should write it. I cannot even imagine taking that on right now, but it was nice of him to think of me and, when things slow down just enough for me to catch my breath, I'd LOVE to do it! More on that soon, I hope.

All right, I am off to watch THE LOST BOYS 2: THE TRIBE.

What? Whatever...you can't hurt me.

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world."
--THE MUMMY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home