They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Friday, January 28, 2005

The Ideas Pour Forth

But not from me. Yet. Cat emailed me with three REALLY good ideas for our television spec. I felt the need to comment on them, not because her ideas aren't normally good (they are), but because these ideas were just so good. I remember reading them and thinking, "any of these would make great episodes." I personally think it is rare when you look at a bunch of your own ideas and really, truly think they are good.

If we threw all three of these ideas to the wall, they'd all stick. And that is no small feat, let me tell you. I think a writer's wall can sometimes be covered in oil. So, getting anything to stick is an achievement... but three ideas? Wee, am I happy!

Still, I have yet to come up with mine. Work has been busier than ever, but that is about to change...

I got a new job! Yay for me. Not only was it a promotion, but it is also in the areas dearest to my heart: sci-fi/action/horror. I cannot wait to start. It should be very exciting and a nice change of pace for me. Very creative and they are aware that I am a writer. They said I can go on meetings if it doesn't affect my workload.

It won't.

Well, I won't be getting any more writing done tonight since I left my bookbag in my friend's car. We went to drinks with an agent assistant friend of ours (who is so funny and nice). I always forget things. Yes, as a child I had my mittens sewn into my jacket and I would actually go look for them. How sad.

Ok, since I was told by everyone's (well, at least ours) favorite editor, Aimee, that I write novels each time I am gonna stop here. It was also easier since AMC "Fear Friday" is on and what is playing? Well, wouldn't you know it:

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON

That's my cue to fall asleep in front of a childhood memory.

Good night, all. And, if memory serves me...

--"We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?"
PSYCHO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home