Madonna An Inspiration?
Believe it or not, yes. Actually, it might make more sense to tell you the inspiration came from listening to her song "Oh Father." It is, after all, from her best album, "Like A Prayer." I know there are people out there who love her new stuff, but that is a great album. Probably her most creative musically with each song sounding different. And actually saying something.
Anyway, we are driving to meet our friends Tom, George, and Ellen for a nice dinner (a late Christmas present from Tom and George), when "Oh Father" comes on. Now, I think you will remember from my last post, faithful reader, that Cat had come up with her ideas for our television spec script, but I had not.
Enter Madonna.
For some reason, that song came on and I started looking frantically for a pen in Geoffrey's car (nicknamed "The Enterprise" because it has so many gadgets, features, and gizmos that I swear all you have to do is say "Engage!" in a British accent and you're off). He wondered what I was doing when I found one (that was almost dry) and opened up my wallet to write on the only piece of paper I had (an ATM receipt). Don't ask me why, but my three overdue ideas came to mind. Geoffrey said I should carry around a notebook for when these things happen.
Geoffrey is a smart man.
I was also happy later when Ellen gave me my Christmas presents and two of them were DVD's:
TERROR TRAIN - a fun "slasher" movie with Jamie Lee Curtis (yes, we do LOVE her) and directed by Roger Spottiswoode)
ALL ABOUT EVE - a wonderful, old (ha ha) movie about trying to take over someone's life. It's just great.
So, that was my night. Now, it's time to write. And you are correct. Until we hit it big, the fun never ends.
Still, since I know we will one day hit, I often think...
--"We didn't come here to fight monsters, we're not equipped for it."
THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON

2 Comments:
I like Like A Prayer the best, too. It really is. Everything since has just been OK. Some good singles but no great album.
Cool, now I'm famous! I was mentioned in Thommy's blog AND he paid me a compliment. *blush*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home