They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Monday, January 31, 2005

The Most Dangerous Game

In our house? That would be deep frying. We got a deep fryer recently and decided to have it go on its maiden voyage... making real Buffalo wings. Really real, since I am from that area and know them. Have lived them. Have been one with them.

But, really now. A deep fryer -- in any household -- can be a dangerous thing. Fried food is just so good! Still, the delicious aroma of wingity goodness did not deter me from writing yesterday. Not only did I send my ideas for the tv spec off to Cat, but I actually finished the thriller outline (my part was the last due). It is now in the capable hands of our manager.

I spent most of today at my job wishing it was over so I could relax and start my new one. When I wasn't doing that, I wrote.

After I was done with that, I started to search high and low for a label company to make labels for a friend of mine who needs them for her product packaging. I was so happy to hear they still had the plates to make more. It is now a simple matter of telling them how many print up. Next up is getting the labels printed in French. I took 5 years of French and I can still only ask if Monique is at the shopping center and tell people I have a headache. How the hell will either of those phrases help me when I go to the city of lights? Oh, I can also confuse my phrasing and call you a garbage can instead of saying you're pretty. Mademoiselle Otwell in 9th grade loved me after that, let me tell you.

Well, tomorrow is the beginning of February. That marks the 28 days Cat and I have to write our script. Wish us luck. After all, we're just two people.

Right?

--"People are being duplicated. And once it happens to you, you're part of this... thing."
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home