They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

New and Improved (Script, That Is)

I decided I would write something here today to stave off the hordes that simply cannot wait for more. Or, wait until Friday, since that will be the day after PROJECT GREENLIGHT and when I will write again.

Not too much to report. Cat and I are almost done with Act 1 of our rewrite and, I must say, it’s good! It’s turning out to be a very different script, but so much better. Better story, better mythology, better characters and motivations. Just a heck of a lot more interesting and fun. Aimee will be so pleased to read it, since she read the last two drafts and this one is very different. There’s no way she could compare it to a Sandra Bullock movie! (could she?)

We also sent our manager a treasure trove of ideas just so he could see we have them in our heads. He actually ended up liking the three that we not only thought he would, but that we like ourselves. So, if all goes well, we have at least three other, good horror movies to write. After the current script, we’ll probably start one, which is based on a horror short we wrote that got oodles of good response.

I am eagerly awaiting HOUSE OF WAX, if only to watch Paris Hilton die. I am also looking forward to the STAR WARS EPISODE 3 (I know, I’m a geek), WAR OF THE WORLDS and UNDEAD. The last one could be a silly redux of every Romero zombie film and 28 DAYS LATER, but it had a cool trailer.

Of course, what I cannot wait to see is Romero’s zombie comeback, LAND OF THE DEAD. I shiver with excitement. Test screenings apparently went so well it was moved from October to June. Seriously, I cannot wait.

Ok, signing out. I’ll be back Friday with a PGL recap. If I’m not, it’s only because the zombies have taken over, since…

--“We don't have enough ammunition to shoot them all in the head. The time to have done that would have been in the beginning. No, we let them overrun us. We are in the minority now, something like 400,000 to one by my calculation.”
DAY OF THE DEAD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home