Waiting
So, our manager has the final-hot-off-the-presses draft of our tv spec (I don't want to name it, but you've definitely heard of the show). Now the waiting begins. It's not a bad thing. I'd rather hear a slow yes than fast no.
An interesting thing happened the other day, where I got into a conversation with someone as to why I don't really name names of people and shows and all that. Well, dear readers, you'll notice that I usually only name names or titles if I have nothing to do with them, or I KNOW for a fact what is going on. The reason is simple: anything can change at the drop of a hat and I don't want to have to clean up any messes, backtrack, apologize, or simply look follish (or, more foolish than I already do). This conversation had to do with mainly the projects Cat and I work on. So, until I see for my own eyes a credit (like the SCOOBY movie) or a contract (like when we signed with our new manager) I'll tend to be vague. It's nice to put out the info that "our manager sent a script to a horror producer" or "one of our scripts is making the rounds at a star's company," but until there is definitive word, I feel more comfy with just being general.
Again, I know there are only a handful (if I'm lucky) of readers for this thing, but I never want anyone to get the wrong impression.
Actually, truth be told, Aimee pretty much knows everything we write or do, since she is the Demon of the Red Pen.
Sorry Aimee. Kisses.
All right (ahhh, the memories), I'll sign of. Time to download more music, get ready for a friends birthday party, and finish cleaning up my office. Oh, yeah, I'll throw in a little thriller outline work as well...just for kicks.
I hope your Saturday is going well. If you are traveling...
--Send her a get well card from Seattle. Let's get the hell out of here!
CHILDREN OF THE CORN

1 Comments:
Hey - it's more fun (for me anyway) to guess who you're talking about...cause as you know, I'm usually way off.
BTW - my birthday is April 5....I could use a new red pen. One with more ink...and that glows in the dark.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home