Let's Do...Dinner
Again, I have been away, but this time it is because I have been busy. Here's the latest:
I had a dinner meeting with our manager (Catherine just had her baby the night before so she was off the hook). He really liked our TV spec script. The goal is to show it off and, instead of get staffed on a show, maybe get a few "one-off" scripts available (every show has a small number -- even if it's one -- of scripts written by non-staff people. We'd be happy to do one or two of those a year). The reason we don't want to be staffed is we'd rather have the flexibility of writing features and not going into a writer's room everyday. Cat has the baby and I have my new job -- which I love! (I designed a book cover the other day. It was super fun.)
We're good to outline the thriller with some tweaks we think make it pop. I'll keep you posted on that.
Remember, dear readers, a long time ago in a blogpost far, far away I mentioned we wrote a direct-to-video animated feature. Well, I saw the animatic of the film and we got "story by." I think it's safe to say what it is now. Drum roll, please.
And the award goes to:
SCOOBY-DOO AND THE MUMMY'S CURSE
Look for it around December and buy LOTS of copies. :-)
Ok, I am off to download more music to my iRiver personal player (it's addicting).
Oh, and don't worry, I'll be back to talk about New Line asking Tarantino to write and direct the new FRIDAY THE 13th movie.
I'll also keep you posted with news of our writing adventures this week. Until then, I leave you with this piece of information (in honor of Catherine):
--"It's a boy!"
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 5: THE DREAM CHILD

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home