They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Monday, March 14, 2005

When You Wish Upon A Star...

Dreams DO come true:

Tarantino is NOT doing anything with FRIDAY THE 13th. Don't get me wrong. I like his films (I really liked KILL BILL Vol. 1), but I just don't see him being the guy to resurrect Jason Voorhees.

I want that to be a job for Cat and I (I think I hear her sighing). I told our manager that I would love to get in there and pitch a new take.

Only time will tell. By the way, Tobe Hooper's new film is a dtv release (how far he's fallen!). It's a remake of THE TOOLBOX MURDERS. It sounds ridiculous, even I admit it, but I hear it isn't bad, has some great scares and gore... and Juliet Landau is in it. If you don't know who that is then get the hell out of here and watch BUFFY, THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (the series). In my mind, she was one of the best characters on that show. Of course, she had to go and kill Kendra. Even thinking about it now, I want to stand up and shout, "Oh no you di-int!"

I'd also like to say that the world of movies -- and horror movies in particular -- lost a great producer: Debra Hill died last week. For those not in the know, she got her start as writer/producer on HALLOWEEN. She went on to make a great many films and she'll be missed. You can read more about it here.

That's the news for today. Above all, I have to admit one thing...

--Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her so much! It, it, the, it, flames, flames, flames...on the side of my face. Breathing, breathless, heaving breaths, heaving...
CLUE (produced by Debra Hill)

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Phew...I can breathe easy again. The day I watch Tarantino write, direct, and star (come on...we all knew he'd cast himself!) in a Friday the 13th movie is the day I shave my head and stand atop Mount Everest shouting "Ah don' know nothin' bout birthin' babies!!!"

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home