They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

I Thought Homework Was For Students?

Well, it's not. Cat and I have started to actually write the thriller and we assign each other scenes as "homework." The trouble is, I am behind since I have been stressed out in dealing with my cat (she had to have ten -- count 'em -- ten! teeth pulled). She hasn't been the happiest camper and we have to give her a gum rinse twice a day and an oral, liquid antibiotic once a day. Okay, the antibiotic takes about a minute, but it's pretty manageable (she laps it up as we get it in her mouth). She doesn't love it, but it helps get her better.

Um, the gum rinse? Yeah, that's fun! I know people who don't like rinsing with Listerine. How do you think the cat feels? She claws, freaks out, licks, and then foams at the mouth. Oh, joy.

Needless to say, it had me all stressed since I was certain the cat hated me. She doesn't and seemed to be almost back to herself. Now I can concentrate on the script.

I felt great the other day when Cat emailed me our ideas and there were so many good ones, including a comedy (we'll never write it, but maybe it could sell as a pitch). I also found out that our latest pitch is "in discussion" with the studio, so that's a good sign. A friend over there said it got farther than any other pitch and was even sent over to the execs who greenlight. Keep 'em crossed!

I suppose that is it. Once script is being submitted to a producer, one pitch doing well, currently writing a feature spec, and have the outline for the next. Yay for us.

Don't forget to catch the next Project Greenlight. I cannot wait to see Gulager shut down and get all stressed and have the crew think he is nuts.

Still, it could be worse, but really...

--If you're not going to kill me... I have things to do.
DARKMAN

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

you might want to rewrite "cat emailed me our ideas" - - makes it sound like she's doing all the work and you're taking the credit :-)

Congrats on the pitch! I'm looking out for you!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home