They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Keep On Keepin' On!

Wow, it seems all of a sudden we have lots of things going on. Not that they are paying the bills, but at least we’re keeping ourselves creatively busy. We just got the go-ahead from our manager, based on the thriller outline, to start writing it. We’re happy about that, since we feel we cracked some important issues and made the film stronger, creepier, and more exciting.

We also have a nice list of things we want to write. Paragraph ideas of scripts and such. It’s a good feeling to know that when one thing is done we don’t have to sit and wonder what we will write next.

Oh, I found out today that our latest pitch was well-received and was sent to the “higher-ups.” That’d be some good news! Hopefully the powers that be will become the powers that be paying.

Oh, and let’s all be excited that New Line is (reportedly) moving ahead with a TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE prequel. It will be written by David Schow (often termed a “splatterpunk,” he wrote the much maligned, but still entertaining
LEATHERFACE: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE III and THE CROW). The movie, which takes place three years prior to the events of the CHAINSAW remake, will star a returning R. Lee Ermey and center on the origins of the iconic Leatherface. We’ll see what happens with that.

Once again, it's time for everybody's favorite... The PROJECT GREENLIGHT Round-Up:

--John, John, John (the director): Wow. Every episode I think more and more the producers chose him because they knew he’d make good television. Then they stopped laughing and thought, “can he make a good movie?” Scattered, withdrawn, and lacking any real leadership (at this stage), I think he has to pull out some real unique stuff (which I believe he can) in order to make this film work for an audience. He did get his girlfriend and dad in the movie, though.

--The Writers. I give them a capital “w” because from their attitudes in this episode, anything less would be utterly blasphemous. I take back what I said about the “quiet guy” needing to talk more. He doesn’t. Not only did they get an option to write another movie for Dimension (please say it was a given, because it could not have been based on FEAST), but they are also acting like someone took a red sword to their script…like it’s GHANDI. Guys, the movie needed help. Stat. Oh, and check your ‘tudes at the door. History has proven that even good writers without much attitude on the show (i.e.: Erica Beeney) don’t necessarily become the next Leslie Dixon (in-joke for Cat).

--The movie. They start shooting in the next episode and I can already tell it is going to be a blast. The crew doesn’t know what John is doing, the cast doesn’t know what John is doing…wait. John doesn’t know what John is doing.

It’s all so intriguing.

Now, if I can just get our manager to get us in to pitch the Ultimate Friday the 13th film everything would be fine, save for the fact that...

--I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc.
SESSION 9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home