They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Here's Johnny!

Sorry that I have, once again, been out of touch. I say that as if I have a legion of fans! Cat and I have been low-key since I started my job this week (and our meeting with our manager got pushed).

Not too much to talk about, other than the fact that Cat and I have to come up with something for our thriller script. I've been going online and doing some research and have to call her today.

I will say that Eric is right: THE PIRATE MOVIE is almost here, so it will soon be time for a screening! And a lunchtime conversation about NIGHT OF THE COMET? Why, I'm giddy just imagining what was said. So, I propose a double screening one night (with pizza, of course) of those movies. Those who object need not say anything, because the power of those two masterpieces shall drown out your woeful comments.

Speaking of reader comments. I need your help on this one, people: Our overseas photojournalist correspondant, Brett (hi!), tells me he finds it ironic that Wes Craven, master of horror, wrote episodes of THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY. EEEEEK! Can it be true? I'll admit to knowing alot about Wes, but I have never heard/read/found anything about that. So, kids, drop me a comment if you find that!

All right then... actually, this makes me thing of something. Class, just give me a few more moments and then you'll be dismissed.

There are some things in my life (and I admit, it may just be the way my weird brain works) that are REALLY insignificant that I will never forget, and am reminded of everytime I do them, say them, etc. What is he talking about, you ask? The phrase "All right." Now, I was one of the many people who used to (and many still do) spell it "alright." Even some spell checks used to correct it that way. But, one day, the uber-clever Cat saw I had written it that way and corrected me, saying that one of her teachers in grade school told her that you can always spell it right if you think:

"If it isn't ALL RIGHT it is ALL WRONG."

And so, every time I write or even think "All right" I think of Cat telling me that. Now aren't you glad you stayed seated for that uplifting story.

Don't answer that.

Class dismissed, but in the end it doesn't really matter, because...

--Someone's taking all of these urban legends, and making them reality.
URBAN LEGEND

3 Comments:

Blogger Geof said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Geof said...

>>> NERD ALERT <<<If you are interested in more grammar tips, try this page:

Ten Common but Easily Corrected ErrorsIt confirms what Cat has told you, saying:

It is not all right to use "alright." In fact, you might even say it is "alwrong," and that if you make this error you are "alwet."

11:24 AM  
Blogger Tom Chatt said...

My own favorite grammatical pet pieve is "its" vs "it's". From a college writing class, I learned this unforgettable sentence:

"A dog knows its master."
"A dog knows it's master."

The little apostrophe makes all the difference. But if you like these sorts of things (major nerd alert), then you really need to go here:
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=14457200288064322170

:-)

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home