They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Remake Train...Literally!

I just read that there is going to be a remake of the Jamie Lee Curtis flick, TERROR TRAIN. It wasn't the best of the 80's slasher/horror pics, but it was fine. I am not surprised that a remake is being done, simply because that seems to be the rage.

Oh, and I KNOW you are not watching PROJECT GREENLIGHT...I know because nobody seems to be, which is a shame. There are less than 100k households watching the show, which is really, really low. It's such a great show! Every week gets better and more interesting. Once they start filming, things will really take off. Ok, here's the recap:

--The director is more talkative now -- it's just the things he is saying are wacky. He is still on the "only my family must be cast" kick, but that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Oh, and when he conjured (or is it threatened) to film a scene with his family, fly to New York, and try to convince Harvey Weisnetin to cast his family, the drama flew. Needless to say, he should NOT do that. He and the casting director seem to be at odds. I think it's a tough situation. PGL was supposed to be about making an indie movie, but it evolved into the current season of making a studio movie.

--The budget of the movie keeps going down, it seems, though they may find some gap financing with another company. They're gonna need it. I just rewatched TALES FROM THE CRYPT PRESENTS DEMON NIGHT (watch it, dammit!). It's a fun film and it seems to be that the PGL script is a complete ripoff. Well, DEMON KNIGHT cost 12 mil to make and it looked great. The PGL film, complete with monsters and effects has a budget of about 3 mil. Yikes.

--The writers have to do some serious trimming to fit the budget of the film. And I wish the one writer would do some serious silencing. Every time he talks, I feel like my face is being rubbed against a cheese grater. The other, quiet guy, always sound so smart and prepared. It's good to be excited, but the one guy always sounds like he's a gift to writing. Ummm...I'm a huge fan of horror, too, but I know not to say any movie we write is better than (insert classic horror film here). And certainly not on TV (though nobody, sadly, is watching). Really, though, their script that was posted was not original and it wasn't even that good. I hope the development team and producers (who seem really smart) whip it in to shape.

--If for no other reason, people, watch PGL for Chris Moore. He is so entertaining.

That's a wrap. Oh, our other pitch idea is in so we are, say it with me kids...waiting! I also must give Cat some serious praise. Her efforts on writing seem to be tireless lately, which is great.

I also want to mention, though it is off topic (but still horrifying, in an odd way) that NEWLYWEDS: NICK AND JESSICA ended last night. It was sad...sad that I came to the realization I am way too much like Jessica.

Leaving on that note may be the most terrifying thing of all, if it weren't for the fact that...

--The thing on that man's hand killed him and then it killed Paul, and whatever it is, it's getting bigger!
THE BLOB

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

You're like Jessica? That is scary. Seriously....scary. You know, you could write a film about that.....

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home