The Verdict Is In
THE PIRATE MOVIE and NIGHT OF THE COMET are, in fact, bad movies. I know, I know, you say you already knew this. The revelation here, folks, is that I thought I knew it. Now, I do. Will I still watch them. Oh yes. Will I still try to get others to watch them? You better believe it. But, the most amazing, wonderful, life-changing event that happened? Cat actually watched NIGHT OF THE COMET.
Oh, you never mind that she did think it was bad. We've already established that. And, yes, part of me knows that she did it so I wouldn't bug her (but part of me wants to believe there was a tiny bit of her that wanted to see it). Now hush.
My point is, I still think it is fun (and, though I love it, it is more fun than PIRATE. Give me a bad film over a bad musical any day).
The other good news is Cat and I finished the rough Act 1 of our script. It was a great feeling, too, since we realized this incarnation has alot of layers to it and alot more going on.
Next week I am going to have Jan over for "ZOMBIE SATURDAY." She saw the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD a long time ago and it scared her to death. Since then, she has only seen one other zombie film, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (watch it, dammit!). I told her that after seeing the trailer for LAND OF THE DEAD, we are so seeing it. But, I needed to get her up to speed, so we are going to watch the remake of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, the remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD, DAY OF THE DEAD and. She should be sufficiently terrified and I shall be pleased.
Other than that, not much going on. Cat and I are going to tweak Act 1 and then get it off to our faithful reader, Aimee.
And now the screaming starts! It's time for the PGL Roundup:
--Wow. Gulager CAN direct a movie. I must admit, he started off inept and mute, but has grown to pull things together and make his movie. I have alot more faith in what the end product will be.
--Can someone just pull the plug on Krista Allen? Diva from the start and what has the girl even remotely done to tell anyone what to do? Oh, right. She was on Baywatch. Well, no matter how many credits you have, being on Baywatch negates them all. Case closed. Oh, wait. She was on SMALLVILLE and could control men with her pheromones. Nope, doesn't help.
--Can someone tell me if the AD department on the movie is really bad, or are they being edited poorly? They seem to be screwing up alot, but I am not sure if the mishaps are "normal" or if they compiled them to show them as morons. (ps: if it is the latter, it worked)
--I thought we were through watching the writers. I was wrong. The dark-haired freak of a writer is back, if only for a moment, with a vengeance. He's so annoying!
What does all this tell us? That the movie has got to be better than THE BATTLE FOR SHAKER HEIGHTS.
We can only hope, because...
--"I guess I'm just not used to being chased around a mall at night by killer robots."
CHOPPING MALL

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
If you like Night of the Comet, you may be interested in my unofficail fan site at www.nightofthecomet.info
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home