Back To The Drawing Board
Well, like I said, anything can happen to a deal until the deal is done. We got the offer and, frankly, it just wasn't what Catherine and I were interested in. We'll see what happens since our manager passed. Maybe they'll come back with a better offer. Maybe they won't. Either way, I think Cat and I are pleased that they clearly like our idea. Sometimes the money works and sometimes it doesn't.
I'll keep you posted.
Oh, here is a picture of Times Square the first night we got there. It really is the city that never sleeps.
And for those of you who are wondering what the convention thing is all about, I went to a horror convention where a bunch of horror film actors, writers, directors, personalities – anyone involved in horror – gets together to mingle with fans, give talks, do question and answer panels. It’s a chance for fans to meet their favorite horror stars, if they happen to be appearing. So, that’s where I was. I went to help out two actor friends of mine who happened to be doing some autograph signing and panel discussions.
All right (oh, the memories), I better get writing. But, before I do, let me tell you some of the movies I have seen lately:
THE INTERPRETER: An okay movie. Kinda slow. Nicole Kidman was, of course, really good.
MINDHUNTERS: Shockingly, not too bad. Crazy death scenes, but actually had some fun things going on.
MONSTER-IN-LAW: Um, Wanda Sykes was hysterical. 'Nuff said.
STAR WARS -- REVENGE OF THE SITH: Wow. Did no one else see the irony that the title of the movie has the acronym ROTS? Well, finally, truth in advertising!
Let's just be excited for WAR OF THE WORLDS, LAND OF THE DEAD (eeeee!) and THE UNDEAD.
Okay, let's leave it there for now. We'll dwell on our Hollywood dreams, knowiung full well that, at every turn, the hiring powers that be look upon us and think...
--"We'll tear your soul apart."
HELLRAISER
HELLRAISER


2 Comments:
I saw a few bits of ROTS and the acting was so horrible and the (bit of) action (that I saw) was boring [some space battle with Obi & Anakin] that I opted not to watch the whole thing.
I don't understand why Star Wars fans have been so loyal to Lucas. Episodes 1-3 sucked. I would think that they would have seen them as a betrayal.
Of course,without this latest incarnation we would have never had Darth Tater. So I guess it's not all bad.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home