Oh, The Places You'll Go
NYC was fun, I must admit. Well, I'll admit that I had fun for the limited amount of time I was there. The company was great, but I still found the "big city" a little too big. I'm glad I went, though, so now at least I can say I have been there.
The convention was really fun. We had a blast and it went over so much better than the three of us could ever have hoped! There were lines -- literally! -- out the door! It was so nice to see the fans excited to meet the actors. And, what a nice boost for the actors, to be getting accolades for their work. Then, when it didn't seem it could get any better, at the Q&A introductions, they got a standing ovation. Just such a great, warm reception. I'm telling you, horror film fans are the best.
The great thing is, we might be going to a show in London, so that will be super fun.
But, the even BIGGER news is, it looks like Cat and I sold a story concept for another project. Woo-Hoo!!! I got the call today from studio Business Affairs and promptly referred them to our manager. Then I called our manager and said, "we did it!" We're waiting for the official word and the paperwork. Anything, of course, can happen, but that we got the call means they liked what we did and that is always a good feeling.
Other than that, just busy rewriting stuff and, hopefully, we'll soon be outlining the script for the project we just got an offer for.
The summer could prove to be hot hot hot! Hey, if we're lucky, one day we'll even get to hear this (without the hobbling, burning your own manuscript, tied to a bed in the middle of nowhere part)...
--"I am your number one fan. There is nothing to worry about. You are going to be just fine. I am your number one fan."
MISERY

1 Comments:
ROCK ON!!! I still have no idea what thsi convention thing is, but sounds like it's cool.
But ROCK ON about the story thing. I'm thinking this summer could be hot too...literally. I think I need to take a dip in Cat's pool...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home