They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Sunday, July 09, 2006

On The Writing Train

Lately, it's been going full steam ahead! Cat and I are in a rewrite frenzy on our coming-of-age adventure and it's really coming along! I know, I know, we seem to do alot of rewriting. I wish I could say we were getting paid to do the rewriting, but the goal is we do changes now to make the script as awesome as it can be before it goes out so someone will want to buy it...and then pay us for more rewrites, of course!

We also got an email back from our manager that we'll start getting some meetings to pitch some series ideas we've come up with. They're also going to send out our version of the SCOOBY-DOO movie we wrote in case there are work for hire assignments. And, I really, truly believe that our script is better than the final product. I think there are some fun moments in the finished film, but overall it felt like choppy Scooby-isms and not a real story. Ours is scarier, tighter and, at least for adults, funnier. I also don't think the denoument makes much sense in the finsihed film, but that's just me.

Anyway, as the Muppets once sang, we're "movin' right along!"

More updates when we know more. One of these days, I am going to be able to write SOLD! as the subject line. Again, and again, and again!

--"You mean we're all gonna die 'cause you screwed up on the math?"
DEEP RISING

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

This all sounds fantabulous! I really hope this new agent guy pulls through for you!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home