They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Monday, February 21, 2005

Sick And Tired

No, I don't feel that way about anything. I AM that way: I have been sick the past few days and also tired. I also hurt my neck so I am a mess this week. I want to get better fast so we can go snowboarding. We rented a cabin for the weekend so that should be lots of fun.

Cat is coming over today so we can discuss our thoughts on the rewrite of our supernatural thriller. We have a meeting with our manager on Thursday, so that (and other fun stuff) will come up during the conversation. I also think we are going to try to wrap that script up and start another one.

I start my new job, officially, next week. Before I go into the office, though, I have lots of books to read. I don't mind, I just hate the feeling of being behind. Since Cat and I have lots of writing in front of us, as well as getting notes from Aimee, I want to try and rush through the books. We'll see what happens with that.

We also had our manager submit some writing samples for that horror-movie-treatment-that-needs-a-script. It's very interesting having someone to do those things for you. Now, all we have to do is ask for the follow up, or wait for them to come to us. It really helps in opening the doors to getting our material in AND having to do less work. I'll be sure to give you the official word on what we hear from the tv "star" turned horror movie director.

We just need something -- anything -- to sell. Not out of desperation, but because it would just be cool.

Okay, I better get going. It's almost time dinner and a movie. Oh, the yumminess. I am not really sure what could top homemade pizza and wings, but why ask such questions? Really, there are more important things to ponder, such as...

--Why are they doing this? They said when you got here, the whole thing started. Who are you? What are you? Where did you come from? I think you're the cause of all this. I think you're evil! EVIL!
THE BIRDS

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

What's the new job dude?

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home