They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Friday, February 11, 2005

Where Does The Time Go!?

I've been out of touch since I have been so busy. Cat and I are knee-deep in the television spec (Act 3 is already done!). I give the credit to Cat for being such a good whip-cracker. This might be the fastest we've ever written something. The results are good for a rough, first draft. I'm pleased.

I suppose since a writer should write everyday, and we've been doing that, I just found myself behind in my little updates. I apologize to my fans.

Our manager sent two of our writing samples (a feature and a short) to the director and producer of the horror movie that has a treatment but no script. We'll see what happens with that.

Today, we are getting together to write (hopefully finish the script!), and watch a movie that our manager said had some interesting, horrific elements to it. He brought it (and some other films) up in the notes on our "horror" (that pesky word!)/thriller feature spec. His notes are great, and we're pleased. We meet with him later this month to discuss things.

Oh, and Tom will appreciate this, I have been enthralled with an OLD movie... SUNSET BOULEVARD! I don't know why, or how to even explain it, but I love the movie. There is something so dramatic, crazy, and almost voyeuristic about it. Maybe the fact that the lead is a writer. Who knows? It's a little campy, but still utterly watchable. If you haven't seen it, I say (and we've been dying to hear this, haven't we?) Watch it, dammit!

All right, it's time for me to get ready and go. It's raining here today (quite a bit, actually), so it's the perfect day to curl up in front of Cat's laptop and create some magic. Then, we'll watch the movie and celebrate a well-done first draft.

Every once in a while, I get that good feeling that we're gonna make it after all. Still, anything can happen, but I can promise you one thing. No matter how busy I get...

--"I'll be back."
THE TERMINATOR

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett R. Henry said...

I do agree that "Sunset Boulevard" is a "must view" classic motion picture. I think what contributes to that "voyeuristic" quality is the off-camera narration by William Holden. There are plenty of "insider references" that anyone who has worked in the film industry can appreciate. Another excellent film you should attempt to watch is "Day of the Locust."

12:20 AM  
Blogger Tom Chatt said...

Oh Thommy, I'm so proud of you! Enjoying a black-and-white movie! See, I told you there were some good ones! Now, what next... I think you might enjoy "Double Indemnity", or "All About Eve". :-)

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home