The Verdict Is In...
Our newest spec is a winner! Aimee (and her friend, Jen) read it and they said they loved it. Actually, and I might be off a few words in the quote, but Aimee did say "it's your best yet." We also got a big "Yay!" written at the end of her notes.
Wow. Cat and I feel like we really accomplished something with this one. Let's hope our manager -- and a potential agent -- feel the same.
Well, no rest for us wicked. We recently had a pitch meting at WB Animation on some new Scooby dtv ideas. That went well and of the 5 or so we pitched, one was given a verbal, "I like this one" and another definitely piqued their interest. The interesting thing is that we gave them a very impromptu pitch on a show that was original (not based on their properties) which they really liked. The pitch was so off the cuff, I actually just turned to Cat and said, "why don't you tell them more about our Adult Swim pitch?" And it worked. They listened and, with a few quick changes, they said it wasn't for them (as they're focusing on properties they own), but that it was fun, interesting, and original. So...
Our manager called me to follow up and I gave her the quick story and she, too, loved it. She immediately said write it up and we'll set up pitches (she then rattled off three major places it could work!).
So, that's where we are today...busy! Then, we're off and running on our next, ultra scary horror film. It's going to be a hectic few weeks as we want to get the first draft done by the end of the month (of course, I have to fit that in with trips to Indiana and South Dakota!).
It's all fun and games...with a little bit of Hollywood craziness for good measure. Now, for a quote from a film that is surely horrific to many of my faithful readers...
--"Open the gates and seize the day!"
NEWSIES

1 Comments:
aww...I love newsies! Sounds like you guys are making some actual headway. Hooray!
But I have one thing to say...
"the world will know! And the journal too!"
Yeah...I'm a big dork.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home