They're Coming To Get You...

Thoughts on life (and writing The Great American Movie)

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Keeping Hope Alive

It isn't that I gave up the hope that things would eventually go exactly as planned (do they ever?), but it did seem to be that things weren't moving even in the general direction I wanted them to. But, today was ok. The bottom line is: our managers are slow, but they did give us good notes. I talked to someone who used to be there and he said that since it was the summer and also since they have a team of peoplereading it and all want to be on the same page, that a little extra time was not out of the question. Ok, that's fine.

The other nice thing is, our supernatural horror script is being read by someone who knows nothing about it or our writing, so that opinion may very well be our most objective yet. We are also being read (or will be read when they get around to it) by agents at three diferent agencies. That's nice. One started to read our drama when he had some down time today and said, "it's interesting." Don't know what that means, but he didn't say he hated it and he said he would finish it this weekend. Not bad. Oh, and the agent we met with who liked us (and LOVED our horror short) actually told me today when I called he never got our drama rewrite (his assistant quit) so I resent it. He did ask, on his own accord, "how is your new horror spec coming along. I really want to see that when it I done." My hought is, agents are too busy to ask to read you if they don't like you. So, another good sign.

So, them's the facts as I know 'em.

--"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, you can't get to it."
BLOOD BEACH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home